Thursday 28 July 2011

When you're a single parent, there's no shift change at 5pm

I think the most exhausting part of being a single parent, is there's no one coming throught the door at 5 or 6 to relieve you.There's no shift change or tap out. There's no division of duties or break from dinner, bath and bedtime duties. There's no adult converstaion about the day or shared time playing with little man. I miss that the most perhaps, even though it existed for such a short time.
By the time he's in bed,I'm soon to follow. I do love and appreciate all the time I have with Mekhi, but everyone needs a break.
My tap out comes once a month and that's a long lonely stretch at times.

1 comment:

  1. An intriguing discussion is worth comment.
    I do believe that you ought to write more about this topic, it may not be a
    taboo matter but usually people do not talk about such issues.
    To the next! Cheers!!
    Feel free to surf my web-site :: Single Moms Guide

    ReplyDelete